The Blair Partnership is a literary and entertainment agency. We offer our clients a broad range of services including rights management, client representation and franchise management. As part of those services, we help to manage several companies on behalf of our client J.K. Rowling. Those companies are Pottermore and Bronte. These businesses benefit from shared resources and expertise provided by The Blair Partnership, but they are run by their own leaders.
There are three core pillars to The Blair Partnership’s business activity:
- Franchise Management – which encompasses brand & franchise vision and strategy, creative strategy & direction, product development, brand management & comms for the Wizarding World franchise.
- Client Management - we represent our clients’ literary and entertainment rights portfolios and pursue commercial opportunities for our clients through deal making in the UK, US and internationally, partner management and backlist rights management.
- Governance & support - we provide governance and support to companies owned by J.K. Rowling. As part of that support, we cultivate close collaboration & strong, cohesive working practices between all the businesses.
Our vision remains to shape, nurture and grow the most imaginative and engaging brands for generations to come, working with our clients.
Our mission is to shape and connect stories to their audiences.
The Blair Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all talent and potential is valued. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and recognise the value that this adds to our business.
The HR Coordinator supports and facilitates HR processes and completes administrative tasks for all business entities.. The role also provides support to the HR Manager and the Talent Manager, and liaises with other teams across the business. The HR Coordinator maintains the HRIS database, onboards new hires, and completes other projects with precision and efficiency.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Preparing paperwork relating to new starters, leavers and references, for review by the HR Manager and/or Talent Manager in line with agreed SLAs.
- Ownership of HR inbox. Responding to queries and escalating where necessary.
- Ensuring accurate and timely record keeping for all employees, past and present, in line with GDPR regulations.
- Assist the HR Manager in ensuring that all HR related department policies and practices, including Employee Handbook, are kept up to date and shared with staff accordingly.
- Maintenance of HRIS BambooHR and ensuring accuracy and regular updates of the data to preserve integrity of records
- Working alongside the HR Manager to compile data using our HRIS BambooHR, for monthly and quarterly meetings
- Preparing reports to be shared with management on annual leave and sickness absence balances.
- Responsible for collating all changes and checking monthly payroll.
- Accountable for keeping records of monthly changes and keeping HR Manager informed of these.
- Ensuring that the HR team work to payroll deadlines and all checks are completed in collaboration with Finance team
Employee Engagement, Development & Retention
- Managing onboarding experience and liaise with the hiring department to tailor the induction process accordingly and set up the relevant core and bespoke elements, including “First 2 Weeks” schedule.
- Like all members of the HRT team, are always alert to staff issues that may translate into ER risks
- Coordinate and distribute various employee surveys created for feedback on a number of different initiatives via Culture Amp.
- Support the Talent Manager with the candidate selection and interview process.
- Support with interview scheduling and logistics, where necessary.
- Assist in the planning and execution of various talent/diversity/employer branding projects.
- Support Talent Manager in the coordination and execution of the Work Experience programme, collecting feedback and suggesting improvements after each iteration.
Learning & Development
- Maintaining the HR induction presentation to ensure that it is up to date and relevant.
- Booking internal ‘check-in’ training for all new starters, grouping together where appropriate.
- Coordinating training providers, room bookings and invitations for all training programmes to maximise attendance.
Experience, Technical knowledge and skills
- HR experience within a small-to-medium sized organisation, ideally in media, creative, entertainment or publishing companies.
- Experience managing own workload and projects
- Knowledge of GDPR regulations regarding data retention
- Level 3 CIPD or willing to study.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Team orientated.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Understanding of need for confidentiality and can demonstrate experience of working within such an environment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Pension Plan where we contribute 5%
- Life Assurance of 4 times salary
- Health Insurance (currently with Vitality)
- Health Shield Cashback Plan
- Harry Potter Franchise Partner discounts and a free ticket to see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child
- Annual Creative Bursary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle Scheme