The Blair Partnership is a literary and entertainment agency. We offer our clients a broad range of services including rights management, client representation and franchise management. As part of those services, we help to manage several companies on behalf of our client J.K. Rowling. Those companies are Pottermore and Bronte. These businesses benefit from shared resources and expertise provided by The Blair Partnership, but they are run by their own leaders.
There are three core pillars to The Blair Partnership’s business activity:
- Franchise Management – which encompasses brand & franchise vision and strategy, creative strategy & direction, product development, brand management & comms for the Wizarding World franchise.
- Client Management - we represent our clients’ literary and entertainment rights portfolios and pursue commercial opportunities for our clients through deal making in the UK, US and internationally, partner management and backlist rights management.
- Governance & support - we provide governance and support to companies owned by J.K. Rowling. As part of that support, we cultivate close collaboration & strong, cohesive working practices between all the businesses.
Our vision remains to shape, nurture and grow the most imaginative and engaging brands for generations to come, working with our clients.
Our mission is to shape and connect stories to their audiences.
The Blair Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all talent and potential is valued. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and recognise the value that this adds to our business.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The role will be responsible for managing Reception and the Kitchen Hub, being the initial face of the Company, presenting a professional experience to all visitors and callers and dealing with requests from internal staff.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of all visitors to the building, meeting & greeting, signing in and out, arranging drinks
- Answering the main office number, directing & transferring calls, taking messages
- Handling deliveries and post, distributing as appropriate, handling out-going mail & couriers, taking post to the Post Office
- Managing meeting room bookings, assisting in the booking process if required
- Maintaining the Kitchen Hub and making refreshments for staff when requested.
- Responsible for catering and refreshments for business meetings, staff and visitor events
- Inform and keep the Admin team up to date with regard to meeting room schedules, visitor & massage schedules etc., and ensure that they have access to these in the Huddle Admin space.
- Maintenance of the Visitor Log
- Supporting the Facilities & Office Manager in ensuring that staff and visitors adhere to our Covid safety measures (one way system, social distancing, hygiene etc.)
- Provide administrative and general support to the Facilities and Office Manager in ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Regulations
- Support the Facilities & Office Manager in organising catering and other arrangements for staff events eg Company Meetings, Town Hall and Staff Parties
In conjunction with the EA & Permissions Manager and Facilities & Office Manager:
- Recognise 99 individuals and communicate to EA & Permissions Manager, for onward communication
- Add to 99 file spreadsheet and assess appropriate threat level, in conjunction with EA to Founder
- Compile correspondence in individual 99 files; online and physical
- Research fixated persons on the internet and social media
- For higher threat individuals add any photos to 99 Picture File
- Write incident reports after encounter with fixated persons and forward to EA & Permissions Manager
- Keep TBP and PM staff informed of any incidents
Experience, Technical knowledge and skills
- Friendly and helpful
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing “to do” list
- Detail oriented, organised and accurate
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Articulate and a good communicator
- Good with English (verbally and written)
- Proficient in using a computer (especially Word, Excel and MS Office)
- Able to work discretely and confidentially
- Real team player and someone for whom the happiness of employees is paramount
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Pension Plan where we contribute 5%
- Life Assurance of 4 times salary
- Health Insurance (currently with Vitality)
- Health Shield Cashback Plan
- Harry Potter Franchise Partner discounts and a free ticket to see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child
- Annual Creative Bursary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle Scheme