WHO WE ARE
Pottermore Publishing is the global digital publisher of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts series, as well as other audiobooks and eBooks from the Wizarding World™. We aim to lead the way in innovative digital publishing and to bring new generations of readers together with long-standing fans, celebrating and bringing to life the stories that first began with the Boy Who Lived.
We operate under the same roof as The Blair Partnership, working as close colleagues with a shared culture. Together, we’re focused on making things happen in order to deliver real-world creative and commercial impact. We achieve this by believing and staying true to our values: Expertise, Partnership, Integrity, Creativity.
Pottermore Publishing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all talent and potential is valued. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and recognise the value that this adds to our business.
WHAT OUR TEAM DOES
Pottermore Finance aims to provide accurate and timely financial reporting, coupled with commercial analysis, to help key stakeholders in both the Pottermore Publishing team and the broader Blair Partnership finance function make better informed business decisions.
We seek to support the decision-making process by ensuring the accuracy and consistency of financial data across the business, by partnering effectively with colleagues and by understanding key commercial drivers of performance.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the Finance Analyst in sales / revenue and royalties assurance, financial reporting and commercial analysis for Pottermore Publishing. They will have a critical role in ensuring the overall quality of financial data flowing from customer sales reports.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Sales, Revenue, Royalties Assurance and Reporting
- Support the Finance Analyst in month-end sales / revenue and royalties closure processes.
- Ensure all sales reports are received from multiple third-party distributors, update and communicate regular report status to the Finance and Account Management teams.
- Audit, map and upload the reports to the correct contracts in the finance system.
- Work closely with Finance Analyst to ensure all sales reports are uploaded and mapped correctly for further analysis and royalty calculations.
- Assist with the royalty calculation process and with guidance from the Finance Analyst and Head of Finance, check all products have been attributed to the correct participants and royalty rates.
- Preparation and maintenance of weekly retail sales report involving consolidation and audit of detailed sales data sourced from multiple channels, followed by distribution to commercial team.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Support the Finance Analyst in budget and forecasting process, actuals tracking and obtaining financial insights for Tier 2 & 3 accounts, with further assistance for the Account Management team in analysing Tier 2 & 3 account performance.
- Support the Finance Analyst with research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance to support commercial analysis.
Systems and Processes
- Help the Finance team in improving systems and process development projects, including the design and implementation of distributor data inflows, new management information reports, dashboards, etc.
Product and Marketing Cost Management
- Assist the Marketing and Product Development teams with reviewing cost actuals and project tracking.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the purchase order process to help guide the business teams through it when needed and to perform analysis if required (A/P managed by separate team).
- Graduate (or equivalent), either part qualified or with a willingness to pursue accountancy qualification.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively within the scope of the business needs and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, organised and accurate.
- Interest in analysis, data and data management with an ability to present conclusions of results.
- Willingness to learn and “can do” attitude.
- Confident using Excel, PowerPoint and Word,a knowledge of Teams and SharePoint would be a benefit.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build partnerships with commercial leads.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Pension Plan where we contribute 5%
- Life Assurance of 4 times salary
- Health Insurance (currently with Vitality)
- Health Shield Cashback Plan
- Harry Potter Franchise Partner discounts and a free ticket to see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child
- Annual Creative Bursary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle Scheme