Please click the link, go File>Download as Word doc. Attach your completed application to an email or submit via 'Apply for this Job'.
Our pioneering programme, Experience Works, puts students in the job for a week. They work together in teams to make decisions that would come up in the jobs of our staff. Most importantly, as our programme is entirely remote, we are able to offer this experience to students from all over the UK!
The Blair Partnership is a literary and entertainment agency. Our talented team includes literary agents, international publishing experts, lawyers, brand managers, a royalties team & product developers.
Our programme will allow students to experience the journey from first signing an author through to the publication of that client’s book and all the intricacies in between. In teams, they will take on the role of the literary agents making the decisions that will impact this book and its potential future success!
When: 4th - 8th April 2022 (10am-5pm daily)
Who: Year 11 & 12 students interested in learning about working in a literary agency
What you need to participate: computer with Zoom and Microsoft Teams
Webinars will be hosted daily, giving the student agents the opportunity to meet our incredible team. During the course of the week, they will learn about the building blocks of being a successful agent.
- How to spot a great story and how to pitch it to a publisher
- What contracts need to be in place
- How the author gets paid
- How to grow the brand beyond books
- How to market the book
- How to expand into digital channels
At the end of the week, our student agents will present their ideas for their book and its launch to our panel of experts, with a winner being chosen after deliberation.
Come and spend a week in our shoes!
Feedback from students who participated in 2021:
- Thank you for an amazing week! I thoroughly enjoyed it and would do it all over again!
- it was an amazing experience to have participated in, and I'm really grateful for all the advice and knowledge I gained in the last week. It was great to spend a week alongside those in the Blair Partnership and I'm really thankful for everything I learned
- Thank you so much for this work experience week I had so much fun and met some wonderful people along the way. I walked into this work experience week with my mindset on possibly becoming an agent and now I really want to look into pursuing a career in marketing. It was a really eye-opening experience for me and I loved working with a team to pitch the book. I also learnt so much and yea, I loved it 😂
- I loved all of it so much and I’m sad it’s over!
- I just wanted to say a quick thank you to you and all the staff at the Blair Partnership for providing this work experience. Everyone has been so kind and insightful and has left me with some motivation and direction for my future.
- I have learnt so much throughout this week! It was amazing learning about a field that I'm really passionate about and love, and something that could be a potential career path for me. After this week, I feel certain that I want to pursue this path. My favourite parts were definitely the webinars.
- I’ve learnt so much, and I’m definitely looking into a career in publishing. I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity – thank you!
- Thanks for such an amazing week, I’ve had soo much fun its crazy.
- The work experience was absolutely amazing, and I'm sad that it's over, however, I feel much more knowledgeable about this career path, and publishing and i'm looking forward to seeing where it could take me in the future.